How does it work??
On connecting creative Talent with opportunities. Paper presented at the conference Conference on the Fostering and Development of Talent, 12-13 Sep 2016, Bratislava.
On connecting creative Talent with opportunities. Paper presented at the conference Conference on the Fostering and Development of Talent, 12-13 Sep 2016, Bratislava.read more
You might also be wondering why a tool like ArtConnected is important at all in the Arts? Why do we need a concept like Entrepreneurship in the Arts? Well to give you an idea why we think it is so important, we’ve all heard other people say or wanted to be ourself a...read more
Questions about ArtConnected: as a practitioner who has difficulty sourcing the people I’d like working with me and my studio
Christina asked "as a practitioner who has difficulty sourcing the people I'd like working with me and my studio. How does ArtConnected help me?" One of the basic functions of ArtConnected is to allow users to search for people or organisations working in the arts...read more
So what is ArtConnected? Well think of it as the “Linking the arts sector!" What is ArtConnected, well we think the best way to describe it is as the “LINKING THE ARTS SECTOR". ArtConnected allows for the fast & easy exchange of information on opportunities & jobs in...read more
Hope you like our short video about ArtConnected. Please let us know if it gets the message across...? https://vimeo.com/147195938 Any thoughts or ideas on how we could improve ArtConnected? - what would you like to see ? THANKS!!!read more
Send, Receive & Manage Tailored Calls & Opportunities Platform for Artistic Business Interaction We are working hard on the launch of ArtConnected, a new platform that is going to revolutionise the way the entire arts sector is doing business. Leave us your email and...read more
We are starting to get some great questions about ArtConnected and what it can do for you. Helen writes, "Can we list our workspace on the site too? I ‘d also like to update some print studio info." Well Helen thanks for the great question. Part of the new...read more
What Question Would You Like to Ask us about ArtConnected? Help us to design our FAQ section so please ask, ask, ask!!! In the process developing ArtConnected we get sometimes stuck in our own bubble and might skip explaining important things. So feel free to ask...read more
What are the pricing plans? Are there any packages available? What Question Would You Like to Ask us about ArtConnected? Help us to design our FAQ section so please ask, ask, ask!!! In the process developing ArtConnected we get sometimes stuck in our own bubble and...read more
Hi I'm a visual artist and I am hoping this will help with more exposure. How do you envisage ArtConnected benefiting someone like me? What Question Would You Like to Ask us about ArtConnected? Help us to design our FAQ section so please ask, ask, ask!!! In the...read more
Terms and Conditions of Use
Mission statement: ArtConnected is a two-sided market place for all working in the Creative Sector that allows the easy posting and accessing of available professionals opportunities, talent, venues, services or equipment. ArtConnected has been developed to specifically meet the communication needs of Creative and Cultural Professionals, Organisations, Venues and Service Providers.
ArtConnected simplifies and automates the way Creative Professionals promote & access market opportunities, making it easy, efficient & cost-effective.
ArtConnected links the entire Creative Sector in a transparent, efficient and flexible way.
In order to have everything running smoothly, we have some Terms and Conditions that we require you to read and accept before using our platform. We have set everything out below as clearly and transparently as possible. We hope you enjoy using our platform and that it is a convenient tool in your creative career.
1.1 – By using our platform, you accept these terms and conditions in full. If you disagree with any part of these terms and conditions, you must not use our platform.
1.2 – If you register, submit any material or use any of our platform’s services, we will ask that you expressly agree to these terms and conditions by ticking a box or pressing the button Log In.
1.3 – For legal reasons, you must not use this platform if you are a young person under the age of 18. Please do come back and register once you have reached the age of 18.
2. Licence to use platform
2.1 – This section contains information on how you can use our platform. You may:
- (a) view pages from our platform in a web browser;
- (b) download pages from our platform for caching in a web browser;
- (c) print pages from our platform;
- (d) stream audio and video files from our platform;
- (e) use our platform services by means of a web browser;
- (f) upload professional information, documentation and content;
- (g) post calls and opportunities to our platform;
- (h) create a user profiles; and
- (h) search for users’ profiles on the platform, subject to the other provisions of these terms and conditions.
2.2 Except as expressly permitted by Section 2.1 or the other provisions of these terms and conditions, you must not download any material from our platform or save any such material to your computer.
2.3 – You may only use our platform for your own business, creative organisation or business or craft business purposes, and you must not use our platform for any other purposes.
2.4 – Except as expressly permitted by these terms and conditions, you must not edit or otherwise modify any material on our platform.
2.5 – Unless you own or control the relevant rights of the material, or you are expressly permitted by the rights-owner to do so, you must not:
- (a) republish material from our platform (including republication on another platform);
- (b) sell, rent or sub-license material from our platform;
- (c) show any material from our platform in public;
- (d) exploit material from our platform for a commercial purpose; or
- (e) redistribute material from our platform.
- 2.6 – Notwithstanding Section 2.5, you may redistribute our newsletter, share the opportunities and calls on social media or redistribute our materials in print and electronic form to any person or link to our website or blog provided the source is correctly attributed.
2.7 – We reserve the right to restrict access to areas of our platform, or indeed our whole platform, at our discretion; you must not circumvent or bypass, or attempt to circumvent or bypass, any access restriction measures on our platform.
3. Acceptable use
3.1 – Users place their content and profiles on our platform in order to search for, or receive or make calls about, people or organisations or opportunities in the Irish or international creative and cultural industry that may be of interest to them. It is of crucial importance to the success of our platform that you do not use data collected from our platform for any direct marketing activity (including without limitation email marketing, SMS marketing, telemarketing and direct mailing). Accordingly, any direct marketing or spamming that is carried out through our platform or using any information from this platform is strictly prohibited, is a breach of these terms and will lead to immediate blocking of the account or accounts responsible.
3.2 – In addition, you must not:
- (a) use our platform in any way or take any action that causes, or may cause, damage to the platform or impairment of the performance, availability or accessibility of the platform;
- (b) use our platform in any way that is unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful, or in connection with any unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful purpose or activity;
- (c) use our platform to copy, store, host, transmit, send, use, publish or distribute any material which consists of (or is linked to) any spyware, computer viruses, trojan horse, worm, keystroke logger, rootkit or other malicious software;
- (d) conduct any systematic or automated data collection activities (including without limitation scraping, data mining, data extraction and data harvesting) on or in relation to our platform without our express written consent;
- (e) access or otherwise interact with our platform using any robot, spider or other automated means;
- (f) violate the directives set out in the robots.txt file for our platform;
- (g) put information onto the platform in an incorrect field, for example by putting a phone number into an address field.
3.3 – You must not use data collected from our platform to contact individuals, companies or other persons or entities other than through the platform and for the purposes that they have listed their data on the platform.
3.4 – You must ensure that all the information you supply to us through our platform, or in relation to our platform, is true, accurate, current, complete and non-misleading.
3.5 – You must use the Services in a professional manner suited to the professional nature of our platform.
3.6 – You must comply with all applicable laws, including but not limited to data protection laws and intellectual property laws.
3.7 – Finally, we ask you to consider that any information published on your profile will be published on the Internet. While you will be able to take the information off the platform, ArtConnected will have no control over how the information is used after publication on the Internet. Accordingly, we ask you to consider your privacy and personal safety when deciding how much of your contact details to make available to the other users. Of course, larger businesses with office phone numbers may wish to publish that information, but, for example, you may not want to include your private mobile phone number. Other users will be able to contact you through our messaging function. It is, therefore, not required nor expected that you would have any of your other contact details visible.
4. Use on behalf of organisation
4.1 – If you use our platform you expressly agree to these terms and conditions in the course of a business or other organisational project, then by so doing you bind both:
- (a)yourself; and
- (b)the person, company or other legal entity that operates that business or organisational project,
to these terms and conditions, and in these circumstances references to “you” in these terms and conditions are to both the individual user and the relevant person, company or legal entity (unless the context requires otherwise).
5.1 – You may post a call/opportunity, edit it or remove it at any time. Calls last on ArtConnected platform for the period specified and paid for by you in the Create Your Call/New Call section. You may repost a call after it has expired.
5.2 – Where other users respond to a call you have posted you are reminded that their information is confidential and you have no rights to use that information other than for the reason it was provided to you (that includes passing the information to persons outside of your organisation or contacting the person with respect to other openings or opportunities in your organisation). Users of our platform should at all times be aware of and comply with Ireland’s data protection laws. It is expressly forbidden to harass or stalk or repeatedly inappropriately contact any respondent or maker of a call either through this website or outside of it.
5.3 – We do not screen any respondents to calls nor makers of calls. This is a platform by which people can connect but we do not specifically verify any information contained on our platform nor verify the identity nor authenticity of those that use our platform. Use of the platform is entirely at your own risk and you should use common sense when interacting with other people through the platform or meeting them in person. ArtConnected has no responsibility for vetting any respondents to calls or verifying their details.
5.4 – We will remove any calls that do not appear to be bona fide opportunities or which are unrelated to the Creative or Cultural Sector. Such calls are prohibited. We will block any users and remove a users profile where we become aware that they are abusing the platform.
6. Registration and accounts
6.1 – To be eligible for an individual account on our platform under this Section 6, you must be resident in Ireland.
6.2 – You may register for an account with our platform by completing and submitting the account registration form on our platform and clicking on the verification link in the email that the platform will send to you.
6.3 – You must notify us by email immediately if you become aware of any unauthorised use of your account.
6.4 – You must not use any other person’s account to access the platform.
7. User IDs and passwords
7.1 – If you register for an account with our platform, you will be asked to choose a user name (ID) and password.
7.2 – Your user name (ID) must not be liable to mislead and must comply with the content rules set out in Section 12; you must not use your account or user name (ID) for or in connection with the impersonation of any person.
7.3 – You must keep your password confidential.
7.4 – You must notify us by email immediately if you become aware of any disclosure of your password.
7.5 – You are responsible for any activity on our platform arising out of any failure to keep your password confidential, and may be held liable for any losses arising out of such a failure.
8. Cancellation and suspension of account
8.1 – We may:
- (a)suspend your account;
- (b)cancel your account; and/or
- (c)edit your account details,
at any time in our sole discretion without notice or explanation, providing that if we cancel any services you have paid for and you have not breached these terms and conditions, we will refund to you a pro rata amount of your payment, such amount to be calculated by us using any reasonable methodology.
8.2 – You may cancel your account on our platform under the “Your Account Settings” tab on the platform. You will not be entitled to any refund of payments already made for calls that have already been published or are set up and confirmed by you for publishing if you cancel your account in accordance with this Section 8.2.
9. Use of the platform
9.1 – To become a user of our platform services, you must register as described during the account registration procedure.
9.2 – You will have the opportunity to identify and correct input errors via the function: “Edit your profile”.
9.3 – For so long as your account remains active in accordance with these terms and conditions, you will benefit from the features specified on our platform in relation to your user type and selected notifications.
9.4 – Currently there is no fee to become a user of ArtConnected and to set up a user profile allowing posting calls and receiving notifications about matching opportunities.
10.1 – The only fees in respect of our platform services are set out for the promotion of the calls/opportunities you post on the platform and are calculated based on the length of the promotion you chose.
10.2 – All amounts stated in these terms and conditions or on our platform are stated exclusive of VAT.
10.3 – You must pay to us the fees in respect of our platform services in advance, in cleared funds, in accordance with any instructions on our platform.
10.4 – We may vary fees from time to time by posting new fees on our platform, but this will not affect fees for services that have been previously paid.
10.5 – If you dispute any payment made to us, you must contact us immediately and provide full details of your claim.
10.6 – If you make an unjustified credit card, debit card or other charge-back then you will be liable to pay us, within 7 days following the date of our written request:
- (a) an amount equal to the amount of the charge-back;
- (b) all third party expenses incurred by us in relation to the charge-back (including charges made by our or your bank or payment processor or card issuer);
- (c) an administration fee of €25.00 excluding VAT; and
- (d) all our reasonable costs, losses and expenses incurred in recovering the amounts referred to in this Section 10.6 (including without limitation legal fees and debt collection fees),
and for the avoidance of doubt, if you fail to recognise or fail to remember the source of an entry on your card statement or other financial statement, and make a charge-back as a result, this will constitute an unjustified charge-back for the purposes of this Section 10.6.
10.7If you owe us any amount under or relating to these terms and conditions, we may suspend or withdraw the provision of services to you.
11. Copyright notice
11.1 – Copyright (c) 2015 ArtConnected Limited.
11.2 – Subject to the express provisions of these terms and conditions:
(a) we, together with our licensors, own and control all the copyright and other intellectual property rights in our platform and the material on our platform; and
(b) all the copyright and other intellectual property rights in our platform and the material on our platform are reserved.
12. Your content: licence
12.1 – In these terms and conditions, “your content” means all works and materials (including without limitation text, graphics, images, audio material, video material, audio-visual material, scripts, software and files) that you submit to us or our platform for storage or publication on, processing by, or transmission via, our platform.
12.2 – You grant to us a worldwide, irrevocable, non-exclusive, royalty-free licence to use, reproduce, store and publish your content on and in relation to this platform, any successor platform and on our social media, in our blog or newsletter/e-zine to promote your content (call/opportunity) or your profile as requested by you.
12.3 – We may ask you if we can use your content for other purposes such as for promotional materials. We will not use your content outside of the uses listed in Section 12.2 above without your consent.
12.4 – You may edit your content to the extent permitted using the editing functionality made available on our platform.
12.5 – Without prejudice to our other rights under these terms and conditions, if you breach any provision of these terms and conditions in any way, or if we reasonably suspect that you have breached these terms and conditions in any way, we may delete, unpublish or edit any or all of your content.
13. Your content: rules
13.1 – You warrant and represent that your content will comply with these terms and conditions.
13.2 – Your content must not be illegal or unlawful, must not infringe any person’s legal rights, and must not be capable of giving rise to legal action against any person (in each case in any jurisdiction and under any applicable law).
13.3 – Your content, and the use of your content by us in accordance with these terms and conditions, must not:
- (a) be libellous or maliciously false;
- (b) infringe any copyright, moral right, database right, trade mark right, design right, right in passing off, or other intellectual property right;
- (c) infringe any right of confidence, right of privacy or right under data protection legislation;
- (d) constitute negligent advice or contain any negligent statement;
- (e) constitute an incitement to commit a crime, instructions for the commission of a crime or the promotion of criminal activity;
- (f) be in contempt of any court, or in breach of any court order;
- (g) be in breach of racial or religious hatred or discrimination legislation;
- (h) be in breach of any contractual obligation owed to any person;
- (i) depict violence, in a gratuitous manner or in a way that that promotes violence;
- (j) be pornographic, lewd, lecherous, obscene or sexually explicit;
- (k) be untrue, false, inaccurate or misleading;
- (l) consist of or contain any instructions, advice or other information which may be acted upon and could, if acted upon, cause illness, injury or death, or any other loss or damage;
- (m) constitute spam; or
- (n) be offensive, deceptive, fraudulent, threatening, abusive, harassing, anti-social, menacing, hateful, discriminatory or inflammatory.
14. Report abuse
14.1 – If you learn of any unlawful material or activity on our platform, or any material or activity that breaches these terms and conditions, please let us know.
14.2 – You can let us know by using our abuse reporting form or by email.
15. Limited warranties
15.1 – We do not warrant or represent:
- (a) the completeness or accuracy of the information published on our platform;
- (b) that the material on the platform is up to date; or
- (c) that the platform or any service on the platform will remain available.
15.2 – We reserve the right to discontinue or alter any or all of our platform services, and to stop publishing our platform, at any time in our sole discretion without notice or explanation; and save to the extent that these terms and conditions expressly provide otherwise, you will not be entitled to any compensation or other payment upon the discontinuance or alteration of any platform services, or if we stop publishing the platform.
15.3 – To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law and subject to Section 15.1, we exclude all representations and warranties relating to the subject matter of these terms and conditions, our platform and the use of our platform.
16. Limitations and exclusions of liability
16.1 – Nothing in these terms and conditions will:
- (a) limit or exclude any liability for death or personal injury resulting from negligence;
- (b) limit or exclude any liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation;
- (c) limit any liabilities in any way that is not permitted under applicable law; or
- (d) exclude any liabilities that may not be excluded under applicable law.
16.2 – The limitations and exclusions of liability set out in this Section 15 and elsewhere in these terms and conditions:
- (a) are subject to Section 15.1; and
- (b) govern all liabilities arising under these terms and conditions or relating to the subject matter of these terms and conditions, including liabilities arising in contract, in tort (including negligence) and for breach of statutory duty.
16.3 – To the extent that our platform and the information and services on our platform are provided free of charge, we will not be liable for any loss or damage of any nature.
16.4 – We will not be liable to you in respect of any losses arising out of any event or events beyond our reasonable control.
16.5 – We will not be liable to you in respect of any business losses, including (without limitation) loss of or damage to profits, income, revenue, use, production, anticipated savings, business, contracts, commercial opportunities or goodwill.
16.6 – We will not be liable to you in respect of any loss or corruption of any data, database or software.
16.7 – We will not be liable to you in respect of any special, indirect or consequential loss or damage.
16.8 – You accept that we have an interest in limiting the personal liability of our officers and employees and, having regard to that interest, you acknowledge that we are a limited liability entity; you agree that you will not bring any claim personally against our officers or employees in respect of any losses you suffer in connection with the platform or these terms and conditions (this will not, of course, limit or exclude the liability of the limited liability entity itself for the acts and omissions of our officers and employees).
16.9 – Our aggregate liability to you in respect of any contract to provide services to you under these terms and conditions shall not exceed the greater of:
- (a) €200; and
- (b) the total amount paid and payable to us under the contract.
17.1 – You hereby indemnify us, and undertake to keep us indemnified, against any and all losses, damages, costs, liabilities and expenses (including without limitation legal expenses and any amounts paid by us to a third party in settlement of a claim or dispute) incurred or suffered by us and arising directly or indirectly out of:
- (a) any breach by you of any provision of these terms and conditions; or
- (b) your use of our platform.
18. Breaches of these terms and conditions
18.1 – Without prejudice to our other rights under these terms and conditions, if you breach these terms and conditions in any way, or if we reasonably suspect that you have breached these terms and conditions in any way, we may:
- (a) send you one or more formal warnings;
- (b) temporarily suspend your access to our platform;
- (c) permanently prohibit you from accessing our platform;
- (d) block computers using your IP address from accessing our platform;
- (e) contact any or all your internet service providers and request that they block your access to our platform;
- (f) commence legal action against you, whether for breach of contract or otherwise; and/or
- (g) suspend or delete your account on our platform.
18.2 – Where we suspend or prohibit or block your access to our platform or a part of our platform, you must not take any action to circumvent such suspension or prohibition or blocking (including without limitation creating and/or using a different account).
19. Third party platforms
19.1 – Our platform includes hyperlinks to other platforms owned and operated by third parties; such hyperlinks are not recommendations.
19.2 – We have no control over third party platforms and their contents, and subject to Section 15.1 we accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
20. Trade marks
20.1 – Our Community Trademark No. 013722996, our logos and our other registered and unregistered trade marks are trade marks belonging to us; we give no permission for the use of these trade marks, and such use may constitute an infringement of our rights.
20.2 – The third party registered and unregistered trade marks or service marks on our platform are the property of their respective owners and, unless stated otherwise in these terms and conditions, we do not endorse and are not affiliated with any of the holders of any such rights and as such we cannot grant any licence to exercise such rights.
21.1 – We may revise these terms and conditions from time to time.
21.2 – If you have given your express agreement to these terms and conditions, we will ask for your express agreement to any revision of these terms and conditions; and if you do not give your express agreement to the revised terms and conditions within such period as we may specify, we will disable or delete your account on the platform, and you must stop using the platform.
22.1 – You hereby agree that we may assign, transfer, sub-contract or otherwise deal with our rights and/or obligations under these terms and conditions.
22.2 – You may not without our prior written consent assign, transfer, sub-contract or otherwise deal with any of your rights and/or obligations under these terms and conditions.
23.1 – If a provision of these terms and conditions is determined by any court or other competent authority to be unlawful and/or unenforceable, the other provisions will continue in effect.
23.2 – If any unlawful and/or unenforceable provision of these terms and conditions would be lawful or enforceable if part of it were deleted, that part will be deemed to be deleted, and the rest of the provision will continue in effect.
24. Entire agreement
24.1 – Subject to Section 15.1, these terms and conditions, together with our privacy and cookies policy, constitute the entire agreement between you and us in relation to your use of our platform and supersede all previous agreements between you and us in relation to your use of our platform.
25. Law and jurisdiction
25.1 – These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with Irish law.
25.2 – Any disputes relating to these terms and conditions shall be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Ireland.
26. Statutory and regulatory disclosures
26.1 – We will not file a copy of these terms and conditions specifically in relation to each user or customer and, if we update these terms and conditions, the version to which you originally agreed will no longer be available on our platform. We recommend that you consider saving a copy of these terms and conditions for future reference.
26.2 – These terms and conditions are available in the English language only.
27. Our details
27.1 – This platform is owned and operated by ArtConnected Limited.
27.2 – We are registered in Ireland under registration number 547381, and our registered office is at The Old Milking Parlour, Ballymurrin Lower, Kilbride, Co Wicklow, Ireland.
27.3 – Our principal place of business is at The Old Milking Parlour, Ballymurrin Lower, Kilbride, Co Wicklow, Ireland.
27.4 – You can contact us by writing to the business address given above, by using our platform contact form, by email to email@example.com or by telephone on 00353-86-6084020.
1.1 We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of users of our ArtConnected platform (our platform); this policy sets out how we will treat your personal information.
Collecting personal information
2.1 We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information:
- (a) information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this platform (including your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views and website navigation paths);
- (b) information that you provide to us when registering with our platform (including your email address and links to your social media platforms);
- (c) information that you provide when completing your profile on our platform (including your first and last name, alias, email address, phone number, business address, profile/calls pictures, professional information including your sector, professional skills, location, technical specification (in case of the venues, organisations or service and equipment providers). For users uploading their CVs this will include their educational details, professional experience, employment details and awards);
- (d) information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our email notifications and/or newsletters (including your name and email address);
- (e) information that you provide to us when using the services on our platform, or that is generated in the course of the use of those services (including the timing, frequency and pattern of service use;
- (f) information relating to any purchases you make of our services or any other transactions that you enter into through our platform (including your name, address, telephone number and email address). We do not process or store your payment card details. All payments are made through Stripe. Please see https://stripe.com/ie/legal for information on Stripe’s payment card security standards;
- (g) information that you post to our platform for publication on the internet (including your user name, business and professional information, your profile pictures and the content of your posts);
- (h) information contained in or relating to any communications that you send to us or send through our platform (including the communication content and meta data associated with the communication);
- (i) information on your skills, professional experience, educational background, honors, awards, professional affiliations, work samples, group memberships, testimonials, project details you might be looking to get other artists or organisations involved in
2.2 Before you disclose to us the personal information of another person, you must obtain that person’s consent to both the disclosure and the processing of that personal information in accordance with the terms of this policy.
Using your personal information
3.1 Personal information submitted to us through our platform will be used for the purposes specified in this policy or on the relevant pages of the platform.
3.2 We may use your personal information to:
- (a) administer our platform and provide our services;
- (b) personalise our platform for you such as by providing customized opportunities, contacts and information you might need to pursue your artistic projects;
- (c) enable your use of the services available on our platform such as by providing professional information about your practice, organisation, venue or service that enables you to find other arts professionals, opportunities, and information and helps artistic business opportunities to find you;
- (d) supply to you services purchased through our platform;
- (e) send receipts, statements and invoices to you and collect payments from you;
- (f) send you non-marketing commercial communications;
- (g) send you email notifications that you have specifically requested;
- (h) send you our email newsletter, if you have requested it (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require the newsletter);
- (i) send you marketing communications relating to our business [or the businesses of carefully-selected third parties] which we think may be of interest to you, by post or, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar technology (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications)
- (j) provide third parties with statistical information about our users (but those third parties will not be able to identify any individual user from that information);]
- (k) deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to our platform as well as technical support and customer service queries;
- (l) keep our platform secure and prevent fraud;
- (m) verify compliance with the terms and conditions governing the use of our platform [(including if necessary monitoring private messages sent through our platform private messaging service)]; and
3.3 If you submit personal information for publication on our platform, we will publish and otherwise use that information in accordance with the licence you grant to us.
3.4 Your privacy settings can be used to limit the publication of your information on our platform, and can be adjusted using privacy controls on the platform.
3.5 We will not, without your express consent, supply your personal information to any third party for the purpose of their or any other third party’s direct marketing.
Disclosing personal information
4.1 We may disclose your personal information to any of our employees, officers, insurers, professional advisers, agents, suppliers or subcontractors insofar as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this policy.
4.2 We may disclose your personal information:
- (a) to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- (b) in connection with any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings;
- (c) in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk);
- (d) to the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset that we are (or are contemplating) selling; and
- (e) to any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information.
4.3 Except as provided in this policy, we will not provide your personal information to third parties.
International data transfers
5.1 Information that we collect may be stored and processed in and transferred between any of the countries in which we operate in order to enable us to use the information in accordance with this policy.
5.2 Information that we collect may be transferred to the United States of America which does not have data protection laws equivalent to those in force in the European Economic Area:
5.3 Personal information that you publish on our platform or submit for publication on our platform may be available, via the internet, around the world. We cannot prevent the use or misuse of such information by others.
5.4 You expressly agree to the transfers of personal information described in this Section 5.
Retaining personal information
6.1 This Section 6 sets out our data retention policies and procedure, which are designed to help ensure that we comply with our legal obligations in relation to the retention and deletion of personal information.
6.2 Personal information that we process for any purpose or purposes shall not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose or those purposes. If you close your account(s), your information will generally be removed from the Service within 24 hours. We generally delete closed account information and will de-personalize any logs or other backup information through the deletion process within 30 days of account closure, except as noted below.
Please note: Information you have shared with others (for example, through InMail, content sharing or applications) or that others have copied may also remain visible after you have closed your account or deleted the information from your own profile. In addition, you may not be able to access, correct, or eliminate any information about you that other Members copied or exported out of our Services, because this information may not be in our control. Your public profile may be displayed in search engine results until the search engine refreshes its cache.
6.3 Notwithstanding the other provisions of this Section 6, we will retain documents (including electronic documents) containing personal data:
- (a) to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- (b) if we believe that the documents may be relevant to any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings; and
- (c) in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk).
6.5 Our Users are responsible for making sure that the Customer’s privacy rights are respected, including ensuring appropriate disclosures about third party data collection and use. To the extent that we are acting as a User’s data processor, we will process Personal Data in accordance with the terms of our agreement with the User and the User’s lawful instructions.
Security of your personal information
7.1 We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
7.2 We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure servers.
7.3 You acknowledge that the transmission of information over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
7.4 You are responsible for keeping the password you use for accessing our platform confidential; we will not ask you for your password (except when you log in to our platform).
8.1 We may update this policy from time to time by publishing a new version on our platform.
9.1 Your Rights to Access, Correct, or Delete Your Information, and Closing Your Account
You can change your ArtConnected information at any time by editing your profile, deleting content that you have posted, or by closing your account. You can also ask us for additional information we may have about your account.
You have a right to (1) access, modify, correct, or delete your personal information controlled by ArtConnected regarding your profile, (2) change or remove your content, and (3) close your account.
9.2 You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you; provision of such information will be subject to:
- (a) the payment of a fee (currently fixed at EUR 6.35); and
- (b) the supply of appropriate evidence of your identity.
- 9.3 We may withhold personal information that you request to the extent permitted by law.
9.3 You may instruct us at any time not to process your personal information for marketing purposes.
9.4 In practice, you will usually either expressly agree in advance to our use of your personal information for marketing purposes, or we will provide you with an opportunity to opt out of the use of your personal information for marketing purposes.
Third party websites
10.1 Our platform includes hyperlinks to, and details of, third party websites.
10.2 We have no control over, and are not responsible for, the privacy policies and practices of third parties.
11.1 You may correct or update your personal information on our platform by using the edit button on the profile or call creation pages. You may also delete your account by clicking on the [delete profile function in your accounting settings].
1.1 A cookie is a file containing an identifier (a string of letters and numbers) that is sent by a web server to a web browser and is stored by the browser. The identifier is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server.
1.2 Cookies may be either “persistent” cookies or “session” cookies: a persistent cookie will be stored by a web browser and will remain valid until its set expiry date, unless deleted by the user before the expiry date; a session cookie, on the other hand, will expire at the end of the user session, when the web browser is closed.
1.3 Cookies do not typically contain any information that personally identifies a user, but personal information that we store about you may be linked to the information stored in and obtained from cookies.
1.4 Cookies can be used by web servers to identity and track users as they navigate different pages on a website and identify users returning to a website.
2.1 We use both session and persistent cookies on our platform.
2.2 The names of the cookies that we use on our platform, and the purposes for which they are used, are set out below:
- (a) we use PHPSESSID and similar session cookies on our platform to recognise a computer when a user visits the platform and to track users as they navigate the platform;
3.1 We use Google Analytics to analyse the use of our platform.
3.2 Our analytics service provider generates statistical and other information about website use by means of cookies.
3.3 The information generated relating to our platform is used to create reports about the use of our platform.
Third party cookies
4.1 Our platform also uses third party cookies.
4.3 Details of some third party cookies used by our platform are set out below:
5.1 Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies; for example:
- (a) in Internet Explorer (version 11) you can block cookies using the cookie handling override settings available by clicking “Tools”, “Internet Options”, “Privacy” and then “Advanced”;
- (b) in Firefox (version 58) you can block all cookies by clicking “Tools”, “Options”, “Privacy”, selecting “Use custom settings for history” from the drop-down menu, and unticking “Accept cookies from sites”; and
- (c) in Chrome (version 64), you can block all cookies by accessing the “Customise and control” menu, and clicking “Settings”, “Show advanced settings” and “Content settings”, and then selecting “Block sites from setting any data” under the “Cookies” heading.
5.2 Blocking all cookies will have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites.
5.3 If you block cookies, you will not be able to use all the features on our platform.
6.1 You can delete cookies already stored on your computer; for example:
- (a) in Internet Explorer (version 11), you must manually delete cookie files (you can find instructions for doing so at https://support.microsoft.com/kb/278835);
- (b) in Firefox (version 58), you can delete cookies by clicking “Tools”, “Options” and “Privacy”, then selecting “Use custom settings for history”, clicking “Show Cookies”, and then clicking “Remove All Cookies”; and
- (c) in Chrome (version 64), you can delete all cookies by accessing the “Customise and control” menu, and clicking “Settings”, “Show advanced settings” and “Clear browsing data”, and then selecting “Delete cookies and other site and plug-in data” before clicking “Clear browsing data”.
6.2 Deleting cookies will have a negative impact on the usability of many websites.
1.1 This platform is owned and operated by ArtConnected Limited.
1.2 We are registered in Ireland under registration number 547381, and our registered office is at The Old Milking Parlour, Ballymurrin Lower, Kilbride, A67TK64, Co Wicklow, Ireland.
1.3 Our principal place of business is at The Old Milking Parlour, Ballymurrin Lower, Kilbride, A67TK64, Co Wicklow, Ireland
1.4 You can contact us by writing to the business address given above, by using our platform contact form, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone on +353-86-6084020.